
Only a day old

One of his many outfits he wore at the hospital- so handsome!

Daddy and Dayton snuggling

Right after he was delivered, making sure he is healthy and strong boy!
The nurse went and got another nurse just to make sure she was right- and she was. They had the option of turning him, but with my blood pressure being high the opted out and we went for a c- section. I was so glad they caught this all. So I was taken back into the O.R. and given my epidural. I was in there all by myself and it was the worst, I wanted Jason there by my side talking to me and distracting me from this big needle going into my back. After getting the epidural and getting prepped for the c-section Jason was able to come in. He sat by my head and was able to watch them doing the surgery. He said it was the coolest, but weirdest thing to watch. All I could feel was some tugging and pulling. It didn't take long for me to hear his first cry! It was the best sound anyone could ask for.
From his crying I could tell his lung were nice and strong. Jason said he came out butt first along with peeing and pooping!! lets just say Jason was a proud dad that his son came into this world doing that. They look Dayton down to the nursery while I got all stitched up. It look them a good 30-45 min to get me all stitched up. After getting stitched up they look me back into my room where I waited for another 20 min. After that I was taken down to the mother baby floor where I was greeted by Jason and my mom. I was in a lot of pain from the surgery, but I wanted to see my baby boy so they brought him into my room where we chilled and tried our hand at breast feeding, by the time we were done we sent him into the nursery at 3 a.m. and woke up at 6 a.m. lets just say the first day of being a mom was full of hugs and kisses, tears, laughter, frustration, love, visitors, and a lot more emotions. Dayton is the best baby ever he sleeps 2-4 hours a night, wakes up eats, and then falls back to sleep. When he is awake he is a very content baby who loves to look around and snuggle with you. We are very blessed and our lives are forever changed. I would not change anything. We love you D-man!!
You've been through so much so this last year-- or so. My heart ached with each post I read. I can't imagine what you have gone through and how it felt. But you're an amazing and strong person and you handled everything so well!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a blog now so I can keep up with your cute family!