Sorry its been so long since I posted, life has been really hectic and the blog had to go on the back burner. After eight weeks on maternity leave it was time for me to go back to work- I was not excited about this at all- I didn't want to go back and leave my eight week old baby and the babysitters- but financially it had to be done. I thought I would hold it together when saying goodbye, but of course the min I kissed him and said goodbye I started crying- I knew it would be a long day back and work. When I got back to work I realized how much I hated where I worked and I was ready to find a new job that had normal hours and that had the weekend off. It was not fun working 1:30-10:00. It was hard having a completely different schedule then Jason- I felt like I never got to see him and Dayton. So the job search began after two months of looking I got a call from Myler Disability asking to come in for an interview I was so excited! I went in for an interview and the next day got a call asking if I would like to job! I said yes, gave my two weeks at USDC and was ready to start my new job.
On June 11th I started training, as I was sitting in the training room I felt like I had mad the wrong move I didn't understand a single thing they were talking about! And it only got worse from there- When I got out into the call center I was completely lost and had no idea what I was doing and my supervisor was not helping the situation either- so lets just say a week after getting this job I was looking for another job! As I talked and complained to both Jason and my Mom they kept telling me: "Just give it a chance, you never know you might like it in a couple of weeks." So with their advice I gave it a chance... Myler Disability is a private company that helps people with applying for S.S. disability- as a new employee you start out in the call center and that is where people call in and start the process with the company. I was put on the team where you had to meet all these goals- which I was not doing and the supervisor had to keep talking to me (which was really embarrassing-I was trying my best!) After being on a team for less then a week I was moved to the front office where I answer calls- transfer people and open mail which is more what I'm used too. After all the stress and frustration I'm now happy with my job and I'm glad I gave it some time- its so much better now and I love the people I work with! and I also got a raise! So I'm one happy camper now!
While I was searching for a new job, so was Jason... he was getting burnt out from his old job and wanted a job where he could move up in the company- he found out about a house keeping manger position that was available- he jumped right on the opportunity to interview! He found out that he got the job and was to start training right away! With training he would be the assistant house keeping manager, and he would have to be out on the floor doing laundry, folding laundry, sweeping the halls, and everything else a house keeper does. He likes his new job, but it is physically tiring and he has to work weekends and has Mondays and Tuesdays off- which has been hard for me, but on the plus side it is only for three months and then he has a regular schedule and will be the manager of his own building! I'm so proud of him! So those are the fun things that have been happening here in the Ryan House hold!! more updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment